Operation Hydrant Statistics
OPERATION HYDRANT – BREAKDOWN OF LIVE INVESTIGATIONS AS AT 1 JULY 2016
To date, Operation Hydrant has received reports relating to 263 deconflictions.
The total number of alleged offenders currently on the Operation Hydrant database is 2777, of which 318 are deceased. Of these:
2358 allegedly offended in institutions.
585 are classified as unknown or unidentified.
348 are classified as persons of public prominence. These comprise:
- 164 from the world of TV, film, or radio
- 99 are listed as politicians (these include local level politicians, not just national figures)
- 49 are from the music industry
- 15 are from the world of sport
- 21 are PPP's of another description
1084 different institutions feature on the Operation Hydrant database. These comprise:
- 424 Schools
- 296 Children’s Homes
- 110 Religious Institutions
- 53 Medical establishments
- 28 Prison/Young Offenders institutes
- 26 Sports Venues
- 18 Community institutions (such as youth clubs and community centres)
- 119 “other” institutions (military, places of entertainment, guest houses, etc.)
- 10 classified as Unknown