National Police Coordination Centre (NPoCC)
NPoCC is responsible for coordinating the deployment of police officers and staff from across UK policing to support forces during large scale events, operations and in times of national crisis for example large scale flooding and civil emergencies.
The NPoCC team comprises of highly skilled officers and staff, from across UK policing, with a wealth of experience in event planning and police operations.
It has a remit to:
- Co-ordinate and broker mutual aid in both steady state and a crisis;
- Co-ordinate a continuous testing and exercising regime to ensure effective mobilisation of national assets in a crisis;
- Co-ordinate, collate and act as a national repository for capacity and capability in relation to the Strategic and National Policing Requirements on specialist UK policing assets;
- Develop reporting mechanisms with the Home Office and Central Government crisis management;
- Support the chair of the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) in COBR during times of national crisis and for large scale events.